Praise for Gary M. Krebs
"Working with Gary Krebs has been one of the highlights of my career. He worked tirelessly, sparing none of his professional expertise in acquiring and editing, to bring my publishing deal and book to fruition. He was a pleasure to work with and I look forward to another opportunity to work with him again in the same capacity.”
– Gloria Gaynor, Grammy Award-winning performer and author of We Will Survive (with Sue Carswell)
"I'm proud to say Gary has been my publishing partner for many years. He understands book content and knows how to shape it better than anyone. Best of all for me, he's a funny and terrific communicator!"
– Leil Lowndes, author of the international bestseller How to Talk to Anyone
“It was my distinct honor to work with Gary Krebs on two books and both were great experiences. Gary reshaped my work into something brilliant. I’m extremely proud of those books and owe a lot of the credit to Gary."
– Will Bowen, #1 International Bestselling Author
"Gary and I go back many, many, many, many years...during which time he seems to grow taller while I grow smaller. I am consoled by the fact that his hair is much whiter than mine. In the centuries we've worked together, Gary has published, acquired, and/or edited scores of books I've written—and also by many high-profile industry professionals I admire and respect. Gary is a rare breed (though I'm not sure which animal): He's funny, creative, organized, and savvy about business. We share a love of publishing, great books that sell, and mojitos. I value our friendship and always look forward to the next book we work on together."
– Rick Frishman, Bestselling Author, Publisher, Speaker, and Founder Author 101
"It's been a great pleasure to know and work with Gary for many years. He brings creative energy and experienced skill to every project and publishing challenge. Gary's keen grasp of reader's expectations and market needs add significant value to any author's goals for success. His attention to detail and dedication to excellence admirably serve all parties in the demanding publishing world."
– John Willig, President and Literary Agent, Literary Services, Inc.
“Gary Krebs's direction and experience directly led to the success of my first book, One Simple Idea. Without his guidance, One Simple Idea would not have been a bestseller. He came up with the name of the book, helped with the art direction of the cover, and provided solid marketing input and support. I highly recommend working with him.”
– Stephen Key, bestselling author
“I have been privileged to work with Gary Krebs on numerous books, including the popular Cup of Comfort anthology series (40 titles, spanning 10 years) and the bestselling One Simple Idea series (two titles). Gary has the rare ability to acquire and develop content that is both commercial and creative, that grabs and holds readers' attention, and that meets the highest editorial standards. As important, he's a joy to work with—a consummate pro with a brilliant mind, a great sense of humor, and a heart of gold."
– Colleen Sell, Author/Editor/Ghostwriter
"Gary Krebs has a true instinct for picking business books that will succeed. He is both creative and pragmatic; he intuits what the market wants and knows how to sell it. Best of all, Gary communicates extremely well with authors who deliver the product. Clearly, he respects and understands every aspect of the work it takes to craft a bestseller...he worked with me on two of mine!”
– Terri Morrison, Speaker & Coauthor of the Kiss, Bow, or Shake Hands® Series. Over 400,000 copies sold, on Inc. Magazine’s list of 7 Best Books on How to Negotiate, and “Best Business Book” lists for both the Library Journal and BusinessWeek.
“Gary Krebs is a wonderful writer and an excellent editor. He's a consummate professional always on time and quick to see talent in others.”
– Sheila Buff, author The Food Lover’s® Guide to the Hudson Valley and coauthor of Dr. Atkins Age-Defying Diet (with Robert C. Atkins, M.D.) and The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Vitamins and Minerals (with Alan Pressman, D.C., Ph.D., C.N.N.)
“I've worked with a lot of editors in my long career, and so I can say with assurance that Gary is one of the very best because he’s knowledgeable, intelligent, and thorough. But even more important, Gary is one of the few editors who treats his writers well, with kindness and consideration. It is a privilege to work with him.”
– Laurie Rozakis, Ph.D., author of How to Be a Jewish Mother and The Complete Idiot’s Guide to American Literature
“When I decided, after tiring of writing books about war and other disasters, to devote my next book to butterflies and flowers, I was dismissed by too many colleagues. But not by the innovative Gary Krebs. I accosted him on the floor of Book Expo in New York; he sat down and listened patiently. A year later he published The Dangerous World of Butterflies. Not only did I appreciate his confidence in my work, but his instincts were spot-on: From Jon Stewart on The Daily Show to NPR's Science Desk, from the Washington Post to Publishers Weekly, the reviewers agreed with Krebs. The critical success followed a lovely editorial process. Krebs assigned an ideal editor to the project and followed publication of the book with a forceful, efficient and productive publicity campaign. There's more. The butterfly book became the first in a trilogy about the intersection of humans and other animals. And the trilogy led directly to my current work, Dreaming in Turtle, under contract with St. Martin's Press. Thanks, Gary.
– Peter Laufer, author of The Dangerous World of Butterflies and Dreaming in Turtle
“I have worked with Gary Krebs on several major book projects and found him to be very knowledgeable and clear on what was needed, and he was a delight to work with. I wish we could clone Gary!”
– Christine Adamec, author of When Your Adult Child Breaks Your Heart, Surviving Your Pet’s Death, and The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Adoption, Second Edition, among many others
“Gary Krebs is the consummate industry professional, having substantive experience in every aspect of book publishing. He has been involved first hand in the evolution of the printed book to a multi-platform experience and knows how to craft a book for the 21st century.”
– Grace Freedson, The Publishing Network
“Gary has been my editor for a variety of projects since the early 1990’s. He’s signed up my books, he’s developed them, and he’s seen them through publication. Nobody knows acquisitions, editing, and publishing better and in more categories.”
– Alan Axelrod, author of Full Faith and Credit (with Michael Ramirez) and The 20 Most Significant Events of the Civil War (May 2017) and ghostwriter
“Gary was one of the best editors I’ve worked with, and that includes both fiction and nonfiction. He was responsive, helpful, and always kind.”
– Sheila Lowe, author of the Forensic Handwriting Mysteries series and The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Handwriting Analysis
“Gary guided the acquisition, editing and publishing process of my book Influencing Powerful People at McGraw-Hill, New York. The book has since been published in an authorized Chinese translation as well. From an author's perspective, Gary's expert knowledge of all aspects of the publishing world (including writing, editing, positioning and marketing) were invaluable and led to successful completion.” – Dirk Schlimm, author of Influencing Powerful People